First, my seven facts, which will hopefully help my new readers get to know me a little better!
- When I was about 12-13, I was super into The Lion King. I drew lions all day long, wrote fanfic (it was bad) and played on a Lion King MUCK. (If you're old enough to remember MUCKs/MUDs/MUSHes etc...well, you're old!) I also listened to a ton of Ladysmith Black Mambazo (Zulu a capella music) and even picked up a little Zulu. I still remember sawubona, which means "hello". :-P
- Also around the same time period I started inventing languages. I think I was inspired by all the fantasy novels I was reading. I still do it from time to time, but I'm such a perfectionist I always end up starting over before I get very far.
- My first major celebrity crush was on Colin Firth when I saw him in Pride and Prejudice (1995 version is the best!). I still love him <3
- In high school my favorite nail polish color was periwinkle, but now I'm not as much of a fan.
- I got my first cavity at age 26--not a bad streak!
- I grew up listening to oldies, and I adore The Beatles, but my #1 favorite band is Barenaked Ladies! (Yes, I'm a 90s kid.)
- My childhood dog was an antisocial Shetland sheepdog named Sandy. She was scared of my dad and most of her toys. Here's Sandy as a puppy:
Well, I hope that was enlightening!
Here are the blogs I'm nominating for the Versatile Blogger award! They're all great nail blogs, so go check them out!