I'm so honored--my pal Kirby at The Mercurial Magpie has nominated me for a Liebster Award! This award is designed to promote blogs with under 200 GFC followers. We can't all be superstar bloggers, but it makes me feel good to know that people out there enjoy what I write. I'm so grateful to everyone who follows and comments on my blog...you like me, you really like me!
Here are the questions Kirby asked me!
1. What inspired your blog name?
Hmm, well, I wanted a nice Latin word because Latin is close to my heart (and also I'm bad at coming up with punny names in English!). "Aliquid" is snappy, has a meaning to go along with the somewhat random collection of topics I blog about (it means 'something, anything'), and it's similar to my name!
2. What nail polish color can you not resist buying?
Purple and blue, definitely. I just checked, and those two colors make up almost a third of my entire stash!
3. You're rushing out the door and have 10 minutes to do your nails, what polish do you grab?
Oh god I would never do this, I would be too anxious about making a mistake and not having time to finish. I always give myself plenty of time to do my nails.
4. Your house is burning down/you're on a deserted island/you're being abducted by aliens, etc....which 5 polishes would you take with you?
Tough question! Out the Door would have to be one of them. As for the others, I just can't decide...I would probably take a holo with me though, just because they're so amazingly pretty. :-D
5. What inspired you to get into nail polish in the first place?
It was very random. I was on a little break from work after passing my qualifying exam, and I was browsing the health and beauty subforum at somethingawful.com. I found the nail care thread and saw the amazing manicures people were doing in there...and I knew I had to be a part of it! It's a little funny because I'm not at all a makeup/beauty person otherwise.
6. What technique have you struggled with in the past and now mastered?
I guess the techniques I can do well every time would be gradients and dotticures. I.e. the easy stuff. :-)
7. What technique do you still struggle with?
Freehanding! Still working on getting thin, even lines!
8. What is your favorite type of manicure to do?
There are so many that I'm just doing now for the first time, thanks to the 31-Day Challenge, so get back to me at the end of the month! (I am a fan of dots and geometric patterns though.)
9. How do you organize/keep track of your polishes?
Everything is swatched on wheels and numbered, then catalogued in a spreadsheet that lists brand, finish, and color(s), with as accurate color-coding as possible so I can see the exact colors I have at a glance. My polishes are sorted by brand and stored in my Helmer. (I loooove organizing things!)
10. What commercial brand is your favorite?
Tough, but probably Zoya because they have a good variety of finishes!
11. What indie brand is your favorite?
Well, I hope you enjoyed learning all those tidbits about me! Now I'm passing along the fun by nominating eleven other blogs:
- What are your favorite color, brand and finish?
- And what about your single favorite polish?
- What base coat, top coat and cuticle products do you like most?
- What made you decide to start blogging?
- Do you have any other hobbies besides nails?
- What's your favorite type of nail art to do?
- What nail art technique would you most like to be really good at?
- What mani are you most proud of?
- What's your biggest "nail fail"?
- What's your #1 goal for your blog in the future?
- Textured polish: yea or nay?
Don't feel obligated to participate if you don't want to, but I hope you do! And don't forget to send on the award to more blogs! ;-)